Firstly, I want to thank everyone that is still going to work during this time and especially the people on the front line, fighting this. And to everyone else, please, stay home and distance yourself from others, as much as possible, I know it is hard.
I have been at home alone for approximately 10 days and I only went to the grocery store twice. And I happy to announce that I have kept myself quite busy with a lot of things, so I thought I might share some ideas of mine. I should point out also that I am working from home, so I have a lot of time in the evening and on weekends.
– No one is going to be surprised by the cleaning-actions. This has been going on in every household. What I like to do is spread the activities in time and really give each their time – for example one day I can cleaned the cabinets in the kitchen, the next day the closets, then my cosmetics and so on.
– Reading books. Especially when you find an interesting book, the time flies. I am currently reading “The Bell Jar” by Sylvia Plath and I will definitely write my opinion on it, when I am done. And it does bring a lot of emotions.
– Movies and series (big surprise here, right). I recently finished the series Peaky Blinders and if you haven’t watched, you should. Also the last night watched the movie Hidden Figures… wow, just wow.
– Cooking. I know we are all doing this on regular days as well, but now is the time to try the recipe that we are afraid of, or takes ages to prepare. During the weekend I prepared garlic flatbread with rice flour. I was skeptical, I have to say, but turned out so delicious. Will definitely make them again.
– Online courses. A lot of schools are offering free online courses right now and, in my opinion, it will be a shame, if we don’t take the chance. For instance Google has them at Digital Garage, connected to marketing. Their courses are very interactive with videos and a small test at the end of each video. Then at the end of all courses, there is a big test and you get a certificate. Also, today I found out that Yale University is offering a free course, called The Science of Well-Being. I started it and I am obsessed.
– Journaling. I don’t know about you, but sometimes I just want to tell all my emotions, goals, fears etc. in front of somebody, but people usually have opinions and are telling you what to do, how to feel and so on, which makes me frustrated. So after some time, I decided to write a journal. I can express everything there and I don’t hear a word back (which was the main point). I stared this last week and wrote twice there. I am still figuring out how I want to create my place there, but I will report back, if it is any help.
– Training. This is something we should do regularly, but I know – life gets in the way usually, but since there is not much to life nowadays, why not move ourselves a bit and get in the shape we desire. There are a lot of videos online that can help you out, depending on your goals
– Finishing stuff. I know there are some things we are just procrastinating and hoping they will disappear. Well, they won’t and now is the time for them. I am finishing some university stuff and writing some papers that I should’ve a long time ago, but hey… there is no time like the present, so I started those.
– Self-care. I made it my point to spend some quality time with myself – poured a glass of wine, took a long bath with all types of bubbly cosmetics, did some face masks and blow-dried my hair properly. Yes, I am not going out, but this does not mean I shouldn’t feel good in my skin and you should too.
I might come up with other idea, if this virus keeps spreading and we stay this way, which I hope is not the case.